Meeting Minutes 2014/10/20
Meeting Minutes for 2014/10/06
Meeting started around 23:00 EDT on Google Video Chat
- Ricky Elrod (N8QSL)
- Andrew Hewko (KD8JKF)
- Jimmy Carter (KG4SGP)
Still waiting on call sign paperwork to get through.
Jimmy (KG4SGP) is doing a project in his electromagnetic fields class and would like to do a balloon launch to complete it. The rest of the club (Andrew KD8JKF and Ricky N8SQL) have approved of the idea of doing this as a NOEXC Balloon Project flight.
A target date of 2014/11/15 or 2014/11/22 is set for the planned launch date.
Plan of action:
- Get code working to read magnetometer over TWI on the AVR.
- Get code working to write telemetry data to the NBP telemetry system
- Integrate this code into the telemetry system for the NBP telemetry system
- Assemble the NBP telemetry system components
- Hand off to Andrew to make the enclosure or provide measurements
- Preflight assembly and testing.
- Set launch location as determined by the weather
- Launch balloon and retrieve
- Live radio telemetry
- Altitude above 15 km