Meeting Minutes 2014/10/13
Meeting Minutes for 2014/10/06
Meeting started around 23:00 EDT on Google Video Chat
- Ricky Elrod (N8QSL)
- Andrew Hewko (KD8JKF)
- Jimmy Carter (KG4SGP)
Ricky to post office for PO Box. Still waiting on call sign paperwork to get through.
As we will focus on the EME project as a club we have decided to set some milestones and lay out how we would like to accomplish this project.
Plan of action:
- Obtain the antenna from storage
- Check antenna detentions
- Do a calculation as to the gain of the current system. Check to see if this is good, and if we need a power amplifier for contacts.
- Ask Jason S. if we could borrow his power amplifier. Invite him into the project.
- Build/Find stands for the antenna to make this somewhat portable
- Schedule a contact (see what the other end wants to use [WSJT, CW etc]) and try to make a contact
- Try to make a contact in Morse Code
- Try to hear own echoes off the Moon
Success? (in order they should probably be attempted.)
- 1st Some contact off of the moon in any mode.
- 2nd Hear own echo
There was a lot of discussion on the finances of the club and how we wanted to approach running the club finances at this meeting. Some of what we came up with:
- There shall be digital copies of receipts for record keeping
- Receipts shall be required for reimbursements from the club.
- We would like to produce quarterly financial reports.
- Quarters will start on October 1st 2014 and occur on the first of every 3 months following.